In the modern age of wireless communication, telephone cables still play a vital role in establishing uninterrupted communications. Telephones and WiFi Routers both need the phenomenal connections the telephone extension cables offer. However, when you design the interior or exterior of the house, it is easy to overlook extension cables. Let’s take a look at the role these cables play and why is it important to consider them in your renovation plans:
Let’s Look At The Interior
When you get telephone extension cables in the interior, you’re looking at establishing proper communication. There will be gadgets other than just your household phone and the Wifi router that will need the telephone extension cables.
A few examples are:
- Security camera and system
- Intercoms in your doors, garage, etc
- Appliances like thermostats that rely on ethernet for wireless or Wi-Fi connectivity
- Most of the smart home gadgets
Consider These Points For Installation
Your interior needs to be seamless, so it is better to have telephone cables inside the walls as much as possible. So, proper planning for each communication device will be integral. Here are the pointers for you:
- Decide where you will put your telephone(s). You could have multiple phones set up in the living room, garage, kitchen, and/or other areas.
- Make sure to consider all other appliances that will need the telephone cables. Then, provide a plan.
- Home offices have become quite common, so make sure to take that under consideration and even aim for expansion possibilities in the future.
The External Factors
If you want to enhance the curb appeal of your home’s exterior and make sure that it doesn’t look tainted with dangling cables, take the telephone cables into consideration. There are three factors that you have to consider for external telephone cables:
- The outdoor spaces like gardens, patios, and garages, where you need the reach of the cables.
- Home security like cameras and alarms that will be spread throughout your home and outdoors. They will need telephone cables or at least optical cables.
- Convenience of using the telephone cable in the outdoor setups.
Making The Most Of The Exterior
You can’t always have cables inside the wall, so an underground approach can work. There is also an option to use cable covers and keep them exposed. Like that, you can have a well-arranged and organised outdoors and add a protective layer for the cables. Cable covers are also known as cable protectors, and they work great for any exterior. You can vary the materials like PVCs, Metals, etc.
The idea here will be to have an industrial-like setup. It gives a rustic appeal to your home’s exterior while keeping the cables at bay.
Consider These Factors
External telephone cables require better durability and weather resistance. Make sure that they can survive in your climate and offer a remarkable lifespan. Try to purchase only from the credible sources. And don’t forget their compatibility with different devices and technologies.
As long as you have future-proof telephone cables, it shouldn’t be an issue.