Renovations are a bunch of tough decisions, a ton of questions that matter deeply in the formulation of your verdict. Endless questions pop into your head regarding it and you tend to be entirely clueless about the most of them. We would like to help you answer few of those ambiguities along with a few tips on how to go for a bathroom renovation.
Need an expert?
The first step is to take a decision on what do you want to renovate in your bathroom? Do you need a replacement of the old things or do you want an entire new suite and that too in a completely different spot?
- For replacement, all you need are the new things and a handyman or a plumber who could fix it in place.
- For a new suit or new spot, you indeed need an expert to plan everything for you and get it executed. You might actually have to take an appointment from him, too.
The second decision is to decide among the numerous assorted options of what could be replaced or added and what has to be kept the same. Starting from the flooring (ply or tiles), lights (feature lights or down ceiling lights), fan or central heating/cooling, old or new suite, number of mirrors, new shower fittings or old till the accessories like stands and cupboards.
Need of professionals
People these days are very creative and have many talents up their sleeves. They may know how to fix things or to replace them with new ones but when you are renovating the entire look of your bathroom, the use of professionals is highly recommended. If you already have a knowledge of how to properly install or replace things then use that knowledge in finding yourself better professionals and you will also have an edge on them which will get them to work proficiently for you.
Finding a good plumber
Once you have decided to take professional help, the problem is where to find an efficient plumber; this becomes like finding a needle in hay. You need to follow some tips before picking the one you will work with.
- first of all take a rough quote from a couple of plumbers and then take a decision
- don’t go for the cheapest, they may actually be faulty in one way or the other, to be selling the services in such an inexpensive way
- check their general service reviews from both the market and online